This grade 2 listed building was constructed in 1882. Originally the church was named St John’s and was the sister church to St John’s The Evangelist in Glenthorne Road. It is arranged on the ground and lower ground floor with a mezzanine at either end. Since the 1970s it was used as a studio for a scene painter. The works to be undertaken by Strong Base Construction are:
The conversion of the existing premises from a Class B1(c) artist studio use to a Class B1(a) office use including external and internal alterations, refurbishment and ancillary works. We will install a first floor mezzanine in order to create additional floorspace along with a new basement extension.
For this project we have, among others, to demolish internal walls, partitions, staircases, to remove rooflights, windows, abestos , to break out the floor, etc.
A major change are the two new mezzanine floors which provide additional usable floor space.
This exciting project will take 1 year to be ready. We are happy to collaborate with Neil Davies architects to create a new modern and warm office space.